We are looking for a highly organized researcher to work on various productions. You will be responsible for finding and presenting interesting, relevant and captivating information related to documentary series during all phases of production, from development to post-production.
This position is contractual. Which means it is usually for a specified amount of time and ends upon completion of a production. However, the opportunity may lead to something more permanent or a subsequent contract. It's cool if you want to work remotely, so please do not hesitate to apply if you live outside of Edmonton.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source contacts, contributors, relevant data, locations or archive materials for productions ensuring that all legal and copyright requirements are met.
- Conduct preliminary telephone interviews with potential subjects or contributors
- Present findings to producers
- Contribute to the development of the promotional strategy by collecting, verifying and preparing information for series and documentaries.
- Research, verify and prepare materials needed to create website content related to specific television documentary series.
- Compiling potential targets to maximise reach of promotion on social media related to specific productions.
- Check final materials for accuracy
- Fact check and brief writers who write voice over scripts and who write copy for promotional materials on social media.
- Work across all genres of television production (Long and short form documentary, series for television broadcast and web series)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Must be fluent in both French and English.
- A high degree of curiosity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to establish a rapport quickly with production teams and potential contributors.
- A "get it done" no task too small attitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain up to date contact lists and ability to access your research from various sources efficiently.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- No specific qualifications necessary. However, experience in a media-related field or film & television would be an asset.
- Based on a negotiable hourly rate
If you are interested in this position please contact Marie-France: email@example.com